Rental Guidelines and Responsibilities
Terrapin Hill Farm
Terrapin Hill Farm (THF) will provide all of the following, unless otherwise specified:
- Rental space for the day(s) of the event, including use of kitchen, indoor and outdoor meeting and camping areas. Stages may be rented for an additional fee.
- Access to the farm prior to and after the event, with notice.
- Ample parking space provided at no extra charge.
- Use of utilities including electric and water. No phone use except in emergency. Cell phones may work on top of the hill.
- Use of walk-in cooler (advance notification required).
- Walking tour of gardens and farm operation, if desired (in groups of 25 people or less; advance notification required).
- One-half day rental is for up to 4 hours for groups under 75 people. Each hour over 4 hours will be charged $50 per hour with a minimum of $50; over 6 hours will be considered a 1 day rental. Any overnight stays will require a 2 day rental.
- THF will have liability insurance and owners will be onsite for the duration of the event.
Lessee is responsible for the following, unless otherwise specified:
- Providing initital and final guest count.
- Booking Deposit of one-half the rental fee, paid by cash or check in order to secure the event date. Non-refundable less than 30 days prior to the event.
- Clean-up Deposit of $200 (refunded upon complete clean up of site).
- Rental fee paid in full five business days prior to event. Non payment by the due date will result in cancellation and forfeiture of deposit.
- Arrangement for food and beverage service (THF has list of suggested caterers). Lessee agrees to purchase local food through THF. The sale of alcoholic beverages is not permitted in Mercer County.
- Arrangement for decorations. Decorations must be biodegradable or able to be completely removed. No plastic confetti.
- Arrangement for entertainment. THF will book entertainment for a 10% booking fee. Entertainment booked by lessee must be approved by THF and come with own PA equipment. THF reserves the right to monitor sound levels.
- Amplified music is allowed on Friday and Saturday nights only and is to cease by 11:00 p.m.
- Arrangement for portable toilets, tables, chairs, tents. THF will rent a limited number of our own tables, chairs and tents, and will arrange additional rentals for a 10% fee.
- Clean up of all spaces rented after the event. This includes removal of all trash from event site and parking areas. Trash barrels are provided by THF. Recyclable materials should be separated. Failure to properly clean up site will result in loss of Clean-up Deposit to lessee. Lessee is responsible for any damages to Terrapin Hill Farm property.
- Schedule pick-up of all rentals per contract unless rentals are provided by THF.
- Responsible for leasing generator for any additional electrical needs.
- All smoking materials are to be extinguished in proper containers. These containers are the responsibility of the Lessee.
- Responsible for providing guests with map or directions to parking and event areas
Lessee is responsible for communicating the following rules of THF to all guests:
- No swimming in the pond or river
- Motor vehicles are allowed only in designated areas
- No dogs without specific permission
- Fireworks, ATVs and weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited
- Cigarette butts and all other trash must be disposed of properly
The caterer will provide all of the following, unless otherwise specified. It is the lessee's responsibility to make the caterer aware of the responsibilities below:
- Certificate of insurance liability coverage.
- Commonwealth of Kentucky Permit to Operate.
- Event set-up and strike (includes tables, chairs, flatware, china, etc.)
- Schedule any deliveries and pick-up times with THF staff. (Rentals will be received no sooner than 24 hours prior to the event and must be made during regular business hours. Tents may be erected up to 48 hours prior to event.)
- All trash must go in tied bags and placed in dumpsters or taken away. This includes removal of all trash from event site and parking areas. Recyclable materials should be separated. Failure to properly clean and pick-up site will result in loss of $200 deposit to lessee.
- Biodegradable refuse may be collected and placed in THF’s compost pile.