Hiking and Camping
Terrapin Hill Farm is over 400 acres of natural beauty that you are invited to explore. Here's what we have to offer:
• Tent camping
• Tipi camping
• RV hookups
• Miles of hiking trails
• Woods, fields, pond and river
• Mountain biking
Check out the list of wildlife species we've personally seen on the farm!
See the trail map here. Most loops are about 1 mile, but you can combine different trails and hike as long as you like; most trails are easy with just a few hills. Enjoy the sights and sounds of wildlife, breathe in the fresh air, and enjoy the beauty of the central Kentucky countryside.
Accommodations and Campsites
•Most tent sites have a picnic table and fire pit, and a portable toilet if they're not near the restrooms. You can drive right up to your campsite to unload.
• Tipi has a wooden floor with a fire pit in the middle. Sleeps 2-3 comfortably, up to 4 if you get cozy. Picnic table and portable toilet nearby. Overlooks the pond.
• Cottages have either two twin beds or one full bed and one twin. All but one have bunkbeds. Bring your own bedding. Electricity provided in each cottage; restrooms and showers are close by. Group campfire site is located in the central area in front of the cottages.
• RV sites have 30amp outlets and water, depending on the site. No dump station. RVs are allowed to park in other places and run a generator if there are not other campers nearby.
• 40'x60' pavilion with sides that can be closed in case of rain/wind (available for group rentals only).
Private parties are welcome! Rates below include:
• tent sites, cottages, RV hookups, and restrooms
• the pavilion including stage pieces and tables and chairs if needed
• wood for bonfire site below the pavilion
• containers for trash and recycling
Please contact us for rates. Provide the following details: Preferred dates, number of people, facilities needed, any other info you think we should know. You can check our availablility here - dates booked with weddings or other events are not available for group rentals using the cottages, RV hookups, and pavilion, but there are primitive campsites at other places on the farm.
• You have access to the restrooms and showers, please stay out of all other buildings on the property (some locations will have a porta-potty nearby)
• Spigots with drinkable water are located in the vending area near the restrooms and behind the general store.
• Stay away from all farm equipment, vehicles, old barns
• LEAVE NO TRACE. All trash needs to leave with you, bring your own bags. Trash barrels will NOT be provided (except for Group Rentals).
• Kids must be supervised at all times, especially near water.
• Dogs are allowed but must be on a leash at all times.
• Be aware other pets live on the property. Do not feed them. You may pet the horses but please do not enter their paddock.
• Do not disturb wildlife.
• No loud music after 10pm. Please respect our neighbors and others who may be camping on the property.
• No ATVs, firearms, fireworks, illegal substances.
• Swimming/wading in the pond or river is completely AT YOUR OWN RISK.
• DO NOT bring in outside firewood at the risk of spreading insects or disease. There is plenty of firewood that can be gathered in the woods or we will provide firewood for a fee (let us know in advance).